The Greek government, focused on creating the most business and investor friendly environment possible and responding to investor requests for a more streamlined and efficient infrastructure, has created the Investor Ombudsman.
The Investor Ombudsman handles specific complaints by investors related to State services during the licensing procedure of their investment projects. This service is designed to facilitate the investment procedure in an equitable and impartial process so that investment may grow as a sustainable driver of economic growth and investors may proceed as efficiently as possible with their investment.
The office of the Ombudsman is an internationally recognised practice and that is designed to unblock and facilitate the implementation of investment projects.
In Greece, the Investor Ombudsman is available for investment projects exceeding the value of two million (2,000,000) Euro. He is to mediate during the licensing procedure in which specific bureaucratic obstacles, delays, disputes or other difficulties arise (related to State services and State actors vis a vis the investor) that lead to intractable differences, a deadlock, a standstill or similar difficulties regarding the investment project.
The Investor Ombudsman provides its services upon the request of the investor regarding an already existing problem that he or she encounters, and the service operates without a fee.
Investor Ombudsman – Entrepreneurship Mediator
What’s the role of the Investor Ombudsman?
The Investor Ombudsman has a dual role:
- The Ombudsman operates as a statutory mediator on behalf of the investor for 1) the resolution of specific disputes or other difficulties arising at stages of the licensing procedure and 2) the overcoming of extraordinary delays in the implementation of investment projects.
- The Ombudsman actively contributes to the improvement of the institutional investment framework in Greece. Through the submission of semiannual reports to the Minister for Development and Competitiveness, the Ombudsman identifies and highlights key issues arising at stages of investment projects that call for improvement/resolution and submits documented proposals for such improvements.
Our goal is for the Ombudsman to become a valuable mediator for entrepreneurship in Greece by offering fast, transparent and responsible services.
Which services does the Investor Ombudsman offer?
The Ombudsman offers, directly to investors, these services:
- Receives and examines investors’ special requests regarding specific cases of delays or other difficulties preventing the implementation of investment projects
- Collects supportive documents needed to examine each case
- Identifies the competent public authorities and the stage of each case
- Requests and receives comprehensive information on each specific project/case and estimates the factors causing delays
- Cooperates with the competent authorities to accelerate the resolution of specific cases and monitors the resolution process
How may an investor address the Investor Ombudsman?
Given that an investor’s project exceeds the value of two million (2,000,000) Euro, and encounters specific obstacles, such as delays, disputes or other difficulties related to State services during the licensing procedure, the investor may submit his/her request for a meeting with the Enterprise Greece Investor Ombudsman either online or by telephone: +30 210 33 55 770.
Meeting with the Investor Ombudsman
To arrange your meeting with the Investor Ombudsman:
- Online: please click on the right side of this page and submit the 1) date and time that you request a meeting, and 2) complete the contact form. Following the submission of your request, you will receive an e-mail and a personal telephone contact regarding the scheduled date and hour of your meeting with the Investor Ombudsman at the premises of Enterprise Greece.
- Telephone / e-mail: please contact the Enterprise Greece Investor Ombudsman: Τ: +30 210 33 55 770, Ε: email@example.com.